Saturday, June 20, 2009

Sad and Solemn News

Keith called me to tell me that Kent and Kathy Wood were returning early this morning from girls camp. Kent is in his 10th year as stake president of the Folsom stake. They were in a serious car accident while exiting Hwy 50 near their home. Kent broke his neck, fractured vertebrae, broke an arm, has a huge gash on his forehead and has a punctured lung, but is in stable condition in the hospital. Very sadly, Kathy lost her life.

Ironically today is June 20, the four year anniversary to the day of Matt and Jessica's accident.

Our hearts are broken for their family and our great love for some of the most Christ like people I have ever known.

2 comments:

Gina Rochelle said...

I am so sorry! From everything I've heard about this family, they are indeed wonderful people!

Diane said...

She will be missed. I've always like Kent and Kathy. Our prayers are with the family as they deal with this traic accident. I know Kathy is now singing with the Angels