Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Letter from Bethe

Dear Family,
  How great is was last month to have so many of you here to honor and celebrate your Father and Grandfather's life.   He was beloved by many people.    I can't even tell you many have commented on the wonderful funeral and particularly his  children's tributes to him.    Some have said they want a funeral just like that and they would know they were a
success if their children could say the same things about  them...  Many have said how much they enjoyed the music.  -  great quartet and the fine looking, clean cut grandchildren that  sang "Families Can be Together Forever".   One friend said she told her long haired grandson to promise  to  cut his hair before he came to her funeral.    
  Here is   what Aunt Quola wrote in her Christmas card,  "I did want to tell you that I was warmed and blessed by the wonderful things all your children said about their father as they honored him at his special   service.   It was a real tribute to him and brought back many memories of happier times and thoughts.    May the Lord   bless you as you recenter your life".
  As a new widow Dixie said I would have to shift gears which I am trying to do.
Diane and I will go out to Kent's for Christmas Eve and day.    The next week I  am flying to Sacramento to join Traci and Dave for a few days including New Year's Eve.   And I did make it to Utah for Trevor's wedding and few days of festivities there.    So my life is not dull.
   I hope you all have a joyous Christmas and a prosperous New Year and am looking forward to any visits you may plan to the old homestead in Bellflower.
Love,
Mom
(Grandma)

1 comment:

Gina Rochelle said...

Wow Grandma, I'm so impressed you posted! It was a wonderful service and I hope everyone posts their remarks so we can each have those great stories and comments!